Uzbek Forum for Human Rights is a Berlin-based human rights organization that works to defend and promote human rights in Uzbekistan. We work with a network of human rights defenders inside Uzbekistan who conduct monitoring of human rights violations. Our evidence-based reports are used to raise awareness among Uzbek civil society and in the domestic, regional, and international media. We conduct advocacy with the Uzbek government and international institutions such as the UN and EU to improve the human rights situation of Uzbek citizens and bring perpetrators of violations to account.
Uzbek Forum is a frontline partner of the Cotton Campaign, an international coalition of NGOs, retailers, brands, investors, and trade http://www.cottoncampaign.org/unions, which seeks to eradicate child and forced labor in the cotton sector in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
We are expanding our team in Berlin and are seeking a motivated and flexible
Program and Administration Assistant (50%), Berlin
- Day to day support of the Executive Director;
- Project coordination including logistics for travel, seminars, etc.;
- Coordination of translations and editing of reports;
- Preparation of reports and outreach materials for design and printing;
- Supervision and maintenance of website and social media accounts;
- Point of contact for all IT and administrative tasks;
- Responsible for information management and organization of files;
- Responsible for internal bookkeeping;
- Responsible for financial oversight of projects;
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports and budgeting;
- Correspondence with Board members and organization of Board meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Higher education degree, preferably in international relations and/or human rights;
- Self-motivated and solution-driven;
- IT-savvy with strong organizational skills;
- Excellent MS Office skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of clerical bookkeeping/accounting principles and practices;
- Fluent in English and German (good working knowledge of Russian an advantage);
- Experience and/or strong interest in human rights work;
- Interest in Uzbekistan and/or Central Asia.
Uzbek Forum offers a dynamic, nimble, and versatile working environment in a small motivated team. This is a new position with the potential to expand its remit and shape the future development of the organization. It offers an excellent opportunity for fresh graduates seeking to begin a career in human rights and/or nonprofit work.
Send your CV and cover letter in English to LynnUGF@protonmail.com.
Closing date: 31 May 2020